Seton Hall’s mission was formed long before it opened in 1856. Catholic values and learning instilled in the University’s founders a commitment to the lifelong intellectual and moral development of each student. As a result, alumni and friends enjoy many opportunities throughout the year to deepen their faith within the context of the Seton Hall community. Many graduates embrace this wealth of events to enhance their personal spirituality. Such events include:
- weddings at the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception;
- the renewal of wedding vows held each February at the chapel;
- presentations by leading Catholic thinkers and clergymen;
- access to an array of pastoral services offered by the Office of Mission and Ministry;
- service outings organized by the Division of Volunteer Efforts;
- and many other recurring and special activities.
Learn more about Seton Hall’s Catholic tradition and the Office of Mission and Ministry.